DATA PROTECTION POLICY
HELLENIC NATURAL GAS DISTRIBUTION HELLENIC GAS DISTRIBUTION COMPANY SOLE SHAREHOLDER SA (P.O. HENGAS SA)
Respect for your privacy and the management, protection and security of your personal data are a priority for HENGAS SA. HENGAS SA has established this Data Protection Policy, in order to inform you who visit this website https://www.hengas.gr/, or make use of the social media (Social Media) of HENGAS A. E, regarding the type and purpose of the collection and processing of your data in general, their recipients, your rights as well as the way of contacting us for any issue that concerns you in relation to your personal data.
This Data Protection Policy includes:
- Information about your Personal Data Processor.
- The type of data we collect about you.
- The purpose of collecting and processing your personal data and the legal basis for processing it.
- The security measures we take to protect your personal data.
- The period of keeping your personal data.
- Information about your rights and how to exercise them.
HELLENIC NATURAL GAS DISTRIBUTION HELLENIC GAS DISTRIBUTION COMPANY SOLE SHAREHOLDER SA (P.O. HENGAS SA)
Postal Address: BIPE THESSALONIKI, ΟΤ 36, ΝΒ7, Τ.Κ 57022,
The lawyer “ZACHOS D.- PAPAMIMIKOS A. & ASSOCIATES- RHETOR”, based in Thessaloniki, 10 Mitropoleos 10, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, has been appointed Head of Data Protection (DPO).
For any question, clarification, or exercise of your rights, according to the following, you can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) directly at the above contact details.
Personal data we collect
“Personal Data” is any information that can be used to identify a natural person. HENGAS SA collects such information when you use, or interact with it through our website. Specifically:
HENGAS SA collects, stores and processes the following categories of personal data:
- Customer service: As a rule for the connection to the gas network and the satisfaction of requests related to your connection we need: Name, patronymic, address, e-mail address (email), mobile phone number, landline number, F.A.X. ., ΑΦΜ, Δ.Ο.Υ. and various documents: title deeds, E9, lease, E1, liquidation, E2, court decisions.
- Suppliers and service providers: If you are our supplier, please click here.
- If you are a visitor of the website, of our official social media accounts: Through the contact form on our website, in order to serve any requests and clarifying questions about issues related to the services we provide, you will be asked to register your name, the your last name and your e-mail address. Also, while browsing the website, you may be asked to submit your personal information in order to benefit from certain of our services / benefits. For example, when you provide your consent for promotional communication (newsletter) and news about our services you will be asked for your e-mail address (e-mail). In this case, after being informed about the purpose of the processing and before the collection of your data, your explicit consent will be requested.
Also, during your communication with us on the social media of our company (Facebook, Instagram, etc.), you provide us with your personal identification and communication data, which we process on a case-by-case basis only to serve your request.
- If you are a potential employee, please click here.
- Data collection by automated means
Furthermore, when you interact with us through this website, certain data is automatically collected by your device or the web browser you use (“cookies”). Using cookies and other similar technologies we collect data about the devices through which you visit our Website, such as for example the Internet Protocol (IP) address, type and version of the browser, operating system and platform and other technology in devices used to access our website, etc., data about the page you logged in from and the page you went to when you left.
For more information on how we use your cookies and options, please click here.
Legal basis for the processing of your personal data
The processing of your Personal Data is based on five legal bases:
- Execution of a contract to which the contracting party is the consumer (water supply / sewerage contract) or supplier.
- Compliance with a legal obligation, when we are obliged to process your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to provide information to a public body or law enforcement authority.
- The performance of a duty performed in the public interest.
- The legal interest, in the performance of our lawful activity, in order to ensure its continuity, unless the interest or the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject that impose the protection of personal data prevail over it.
- Your consent: in order for your data to be processed your explicit consent will be sought from the Processor. Your personal data will only be processed if you agree to it. You can withdraw your consent at any time, without retroactive effect, by contacting us at email@example.com
Why do we use your Personal Data?
- Provision of services, which you assign to us and wish to receive from us through a contract, which is the connection to the gas network.
- Satisfaction of requests: Termination, Cancellation, Reconnection, Customer Complaints Processing, Customer Request Service, Login Check.
- Immediate intervention in case of incorrect and safe operation of the gas supply system.
- Solving problems of information systems of HENGAS SA
- Respond to your requests for information about the services we provide.
- To send you commercial communication via Newsletter, SMS, or other multimedia.
- Business analyzes and improvements of our business activity and our services, such as their marketing, their optimization and the optimization of your experience and your service by us.
- Market research, statistical analysis, strategy development and (including the collection of traffic statistics for our website).
For the evaluation of your CV, in order to cover immediate employment opportunities in our company.
- Safeguarding and protecting the legal interests, both yours and ours. Thus, we use:
- a) CCTV and security cameras in order to be able to protect the security of individuals, materials, facilities.
- b) electronic traces of navigation on the website or in mobile applications such as IP address.
- Compliance with an obligation imposed by law.
- Establishment, exercise and support of the legal claims of HENGAS SA as a party (plaintiff / defendant) before a Judicial or other competent authority.
- Processing of your requests and satisfaction of your rights, regarding your personal data.
- Detect, prevent and deal with fraud or other illegal activities.
- For the protection of property rights of ours or third parties.
Other purposes: we may use your data in other ways. In this case, we will provide special notifications for your information when we collect the data, while we will secure your consent before processing, where required. In order to achieve these purposes, we will collect and generally process only those data that are compatible with the purpose of processing.
To whom do we transmit your personal data?
The personal data we collect are transmitted to third parties, to whom HENGAS SA. entrusts the processing of personal data on its behalf or with whom it cooperates. Particularly:
Data transmitters, to providers of IT products and / or services and / or support of all kinds of information and electronic systems and networks, to direct mail / courier companies, to call center service companies, to research firms, to law firms, administrative support.
In special cases, the personal data of the data subjects may also be passed on to third parties:
- Auditors for financial reporting issues.
- To competent supervisory or judicial authorities, if this is required by the current legal framework or by a court decision.
We do not disclose your personal data to third parties outside the European Union in countries where there is no appropriate data protection regime. However, in the event that such a data transfer is required, we will take all possible steps to ensure that your data is treated securely, e.g. using standard data protection clauses (Standard Contractual Clauses, SCC), adopted by the Commission.
Time Storage and Security of Personal Data
The data storage time varies from case to case:
- We keep your personal data for the period of time required by law during which the competent public authorities have the right to control HENGAS SA.
- When processing is required by the provisions of the applicable legal framework, your personal data will be stored for as long as the relevant provisions require.
- When the processing is carried out under a contractual obligation, your personal data is stored for as long as is necessary for the execution of the contract and for the establishment, exercise, and / or support of legal claims.
- When your consent is required for a specific treatment [e.g. when you wish to be the recipient of our Newsletters -, your personal data is stored until revoked. Regarding the sending of newsletters until the exercise of the right of objection by you (opt-out).
The process of processing personal data is carried out in a way that ensures its confidentiality. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the appropriate level of security of your data against the risks of accidental or unauthorized destruction, accidental loss, alteration, prohibited dissemination or access and any other form of unfair processing.
The data you provide to us is protected by appropriate information security techniques to ensure both its secure transmission over the internet and its secure storage in Information Systems. We require all third parties who may receive your personal data to have the appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your personal data, in accordance with Greek and EU legislation on data protection. In any case, the way the internet operates and the fact that it is free does not allow anyone to guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to violate the applicable technical and organizational measures by gaining access to and possibly using personal data for unauthorized and / or illegal purposes.
Your rights under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Regulation on Data Protection) are as follows:
Right of access to data: the right of the data subject to receive confirmation from the controller for the processing of personal data and access to a range of information.
Right of correction: the right of the data subject to demand from the controller the correction of inaccurate data as well as the completion of incomplete data.
Right to restrict processing: the right of the data subject to require the controller to restrict processing under certain conditions.
Right to object to processing: the data subject’s right to object to the processing of your data under certain conditions, in particular when it comes to “profiling” or for the purpose of direct marketing.
Right to delete (right to be forgotten): the right of the data subject, when he no longer wishes to process and maintain his personal data, to request their deletion, provided that the data is not kept for a specific legal and declared purpose
Right to data portability: the right of the data subject to receive or request the transfer of his data, in an unreadable form, from one controller to another under certain conditions. However, there are exceptions to the rights of deletion and data portability, in accordance with articles 17 par. 3 and 20 par. 3 of the Regulation and the provisions of articles 31 to 35 of Law 4624/2019.
Right to complain to the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr): Furthermore, we know that you have the right to appeal to the Personal Data Protection Authority for issues related to the processing of your personal data. For the competence of the Authority and the way of submitting a complaint, you can visit its website (www.dpa.gr → My rights → Submitting a complaint), where there is detailed information. Postal Address: 1-3 Kifissias Avenue, PC 115 23, Athens, call center: +30 210 6475600, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any additional information, as well as for the exercise of the above rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer or the Controller at the above contact details. As a rule, your request will be satisfied within one month of receipt. The information, any notification as well as all actions taken under Articles 15 to 22 and 34 of the GDPR, shall be provided free of charge.
Information concerning Information concerning minors
Our website and services are not intended for use by minors under 13 years of age. We do not collect Personal Data of minors under the age of 15 without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and you are concerned that your child may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at the contact details above.
Special Data Categories
We ask that you do not disclose to us through the application or via e-mail your banking data, as well as your sensitive personal data. The processing of personal data in this category does not in any way serve the purposes of the processing, as defined above.
Third party content on the website and hyperlinks (Links)
HENGAS SA is not responsible for the content and services of other third parties to which it refers through their links, hyperlinks or banners (including, without limitation, social networking sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+). The administrator does not guarantee or control the availability, content and personal data management policy of the website listed with a link. Therefore, for any problem that occurs during their visit / use, you should contact the respective websites that are solely responsible for providing their services. Access through the use of the provided links to the respective website takes place at the sole responsibility of the user.
This privacy statement does not apply to user access to other applications / websites / platforms / software and services. Please see the privacy policies of these applications / websites / platforms / software and services for more information about how they handle your data.
Update this policy
This policy was last updated on 01/04/2021.
We may review this data protection policy at regular intervals if we deem it necessary to comply with changes in legislation or for any other reason. The revised data protection policy will take effect from the date of its publication / posting on the website.